DDEC Impact Study Statistics
ACT 20 STATISTICS
- 360 Act 20 decrees approved.
- Top 10 Locations of the Export Services:
1. The United States
2. The Dominican Republic
4. United Kingdom
6. Grand Cayman
- Total jobs created as a result of Act 20 Companies: 7,033
- The average number of jobs per decree is close to 9.3 jobs
- Total investment is close to $143 million
- Act 20 companies have reported total revenues of almost $1.2 billion.
- Almost $2,292,195 has been paid in municipal taxes
- $3.6 million on sales tax paid by the employment created under Act 20 beneficiaries.
- Act 20 alone has generated close to $60 million in tax revenues
- Act 20 economic impact in the form of revenues could represent close to 1% of Puerto Rico’s GNP for 2014
- close to $266 million have been invested in the local real estate market.
- The average property value ranged between $1.1 and $1.8 million.
- The total potential spending for all decree holders amounts to more than $73 million.
- Industries of Act 20 Companies:
ACT 22 STATISTICS
- 574 Act 22 decrees approved.
- Act 22 grantees reported a total of $228 million in capital improvements
- 52% of grantees had businesses established in Puerto Rico.
- The direct, indirect and induced employment that result from the business activities of these individuals accounts for a total of 5,214 jobs.
- In terms of local financial services, Act 20/22 decree holders have over 730 bank accounts in local banking institutions and some institutions reported having close to $100 million in deposits from these clients.
ACT 20 & 22 FORECAST:
- Over the 10-year period from 2015 to 2024, a total of 2,351 additional Act 20 decrees are expected to be added.
- These are expected to generate an average of 4,237 employees per year, or a total of 44,656 new employees.
- The gross income generated by these decree holders would amount to an additional $3,810.5 million per year, for a total of $38,510 million of new corporate income added over the 10-year period.
- The accumulated corporate income tax paid throughout the period would amount to $808.9 million.
- Act 22 Decrees are expected to produce an average of 1,195 jobs per year, for a total of 11,945 jobs added over the 2015-2024 period.
- The value of real estate purchased by Act 22 decree holders could be of up to $1.7 billion, depending on the available inventory.
Link to the complete study.
*Data collected as of November 2, 2015. See report for all other disclaimers.