Articles in Tax-related


Puerto Rico vs. U.S. taxation


What taxes do I have to pay for Act 20 and Act 22? The differences between Puerto Rico taxation and taxes in the US.... Read full article

IRS Form 8898 for Puerto Rico Residents


As a new resident of Puerto Rico you will need to inform the IRS of your move and becoming a bona fide resident of the territory. This is done with IRS Form 8898 and includes a range of questions about your move and income.... Read full article

2017 Presence Test Exception


As a result of the devastation caused by hurricanes Irma and Maria, the IRS has revised the bona fide residency regulations for residents of Puerto Rico for the remainder of 2017. ... Read full article